240 Volt Rheem RTEX-18 Tankless Water Heater 4.4 GPM
Those looking for a reliable tankless water heater that provides an endless supply of hot water on demand should look no further than the Rheem RTEX-18. Designed for multiple applications or single point of use, this appliance contains highly efficient technology that lets it achieve up to 99.8% energy efficiency.
Those looking for a reliable tankless water heater that provides an endless supply of hot water on demand should look no further than the Rheem RTEX-18. Designed for multiple applications or single point of use, this appliance contains highly efficient technology that lets it achieve up to 99.8% energy efficiency, a number that’s hard to match by competitors. Rheem is known to manufacture robust and innovative appliances, especially tankless water heaters that are owned by users across the world. At TopTenWater.com, we’ve researched this appliance to assess how it performs in various conditions and situations.
To begin with, what impressed us was the construction of its immersion heating elements, which are made from copper. This increases durability and allows for easy replacement since they are threaded. Installation is simple with this unit and a digital temperature display allows users to easily see or adjust temperature settings. Since the unit is stylish and compact, it can be installed without sticking out like a sore thumb. Users can change temperature settings in increments of 1 degree and the range lies between 80F degrees to 140F degrees.
As far as specific applications are concerned, the Rheem RTEX-18 tankless water heater can provide 0.5 GPM for a standard bathroom sink, 1 to 1.5 GPM for a kitchen sink, 1 to 1.5 GPM for a washing machine, 1.5 GPM to a water efficient showerhead, 4 GPM to a bathtub, and 2 GPM to a regular showerhead. The max flow on this unit is 4.4 Gallons Per Minute. With advanced self-modulation, users can adjust the power to meet their hot water requirements. Overall, this unit is popular for average applications. Keep reading our analysis at TopTenWater.com for more details.
- This unit comes with an ON/OFF dial control, along with adjustable digital temperature display
- Self-modulating technology allows the unit to be highly efficient
- This unit should not be installed in places where the temperature can drop below freezing
- At least 12 inches of clearance space is suggested above and below the heater
- At least 6 inches of space should be left in front and on the sides of the tankless water heater
|Lower power consumption||Only good for smaller applications|
|Small size ideal to install||Max temperature range 140F degrees|
|Highly affordable||1 GPM output for most applications|
|Highly efficient||Wiring may be complicated for novice users|
- Comes with LED digital thermostat control (external)
- Thermostat has +/-1 degree accuracy
- Adjusts power according to hot water requirements
- Advanced self-modulation technology
- Uses ¾” NPT water connection at bottom
- Simple installation, easy replacement thanks to threaded feature
|Max Temperature||140F degrees|
|Min Temperature||80F degrees|
|Heat Exchanger Warranty||5 years|
|Minimum Activation Rate||0.25 GPM|
|Voltage Connection Required||240V|
|Max BTU||18,000 BTUs|