Bosch Therm 520 PN Tankless Water Heater 117,000 BTU
The Bosch Therm 520PN is an efficient tankless water heater that promises to deliver unlimited hot water on demand. It has primarily been designed for use in residential applications, although you’ll see people installing it in commercial settings also. Tthe Bosch Therm 520PN is going to give you 5.3 Gallons Per Minute at a 35F degree rise.
The Bosch Therm 520PN is an efficient tankless water heater that promises to deliver unlimited hot water on demand. It has primarily been designed for use in residential applications, although you’ll see people installing it in commercial settings also. Whether you decide to use it at home or a place of work, the Bosch Therm 520PN is going to give you 5.3 Gallons Per Minute at a 35F degree rise. At TopTenWater.com, we take reviewing and assessing tankless water heaters seriously. That’s why we’ve created an unbiased and completely neutral portal where consumers can get information on these appliances.
The Bosch Therm 520PN natural gas tankless water heater has a max output of 117,000 BTUs and comes with a Piezo ignition system. This takes out the requirement of having an electrical connection. Coming from the Bosch Pro Line, the indoor water heater is available in two different models. One is powered by natural gas, whereas the other is powered by propane. Users can select whichever is convenient and more affordable for them. As far as aesthetics are concerned, the Bosch Therm 520PN is a compact water heater that can fit almost anywhere thanks to its relatively small form. In addition, it’s easy to control, as all the controls are on the bottom of the door cover.
So, you can control the water temperature and regulate gas pressure from here. While most of the heater is composed of metal, some components inside it are manufactured with plastic. Even though it comes with internal resistive heaters, the hydrogeneration unit and water valves are constructed with plastic, posing a risk for freezing during harsh winters. That’s why this unit isn’t ideal for places where the temperature goes below freezing. If you do end up using it in a cold place, you may face the risk of damaging the unit and ending up with no hot water.
- This unit’s hydrogeneration ignition makes it a unique appliance since others are mostly electric.
- This feature also saves users money and provides uninterrupted service in case the power goes out.
- A compact turbine generates energy from flowing water to power up the burner.
- The Bosch Therm 520PN can pump out up to 5.2 Gallons Per Minute.
- Temperature settings are limited because you can only set the unit to High or Low
|Strong performance in small settings||Average output for sinks, but not enough for baths|
|Limited power consumption||May not get water as hot as traditional tank water heaters|
|Easy to install thanks to small form||Not approved for mobile homes|
|Bosch has great customer support||Limited availability|
- Can deliver 0.5 GPM at the maximum temperature
- Powerful enough to operate in a house and serve two applications simultaneously
- Thermal efficiency of 80%
- Can only be installed indoors
- Incoming water pressure has to be at least 30 PSI
- The Bosch Therm 520PN has an energy factor of 0.78
|Power Source||Propane or Natural Gas|
|Maximum Flow Rate||5.2 GPM|
|Max BTU Output||117,000|
|Minimum Activation Rate||0.5 GPM|
|Energy Star Certified||Yes|
|Dimensions||16.7” x 8.7” x 25.8”|