EcooTemp 45HI-NG Natural Gas 6.8 GPM Indoor Tankless Water Heater
Another competitively priced natural gas water heater on the market, the EcooTemp 45HI-NG is a little powerhouse when it comes to providing hot water on demand. The unit is backed by EcooTemp, a family-owned company that was formed in 2004 and has since operated from South Carolina.
Another competitively priced natural gas water heater on the market, the EcooTemp 45HI-NG is a little powerhouse when it comes to providing hot water on demand. The unit is backed by EcooTemp, a family-owned company that was formed in 2004 and has since operated from South Carolina. At TopTenWater.com, we’re in pursuit of finding top quality tankless water heaters available to consumers. So here, we review the EcooTemp 45HI-NG
EcooTemp has been stated to be the number 1 seller of water heaters across the globe, especially tankless units. Its products can be sourced at more than 2,000 large and small retailers across North America, Australia, and Europe. The EcooTemp 45HI-NG natural gas tankless water heater has been redeveloped to provide not just self-diagnostics in case something isn’t working as it should, but it also operates at a decreased flow rate of 0.8 GPM. The unit can be mounted on the wall for convenience thanks to its compact design.
It pumps out 6.8 GPM for consistent hot water supply and powers through 150,000 BTU every hour. Its recommended usage is for up to two bathrooms and even light commercial applications. Since the appliance comes with a comprehensive automatic control system, this natural gas-powered unit is a reliable choice for both light residential and commercial applications.
- The EcooTemp 45HI-NG is the jumbo jet in the line of all EcooTemps because it is the largest indoor unit among the tankless product line.
- For those with a small home or a mid-sized apartment, the EcooTemp 45HI-NG is more than sufficient.
- The manufacturer has continued to create energy efficient products for users not just in the United States, but across the world.
|Compact form for easy installation||Water doesn’t stay hot in extended usage|
|Natural gas-powered||Application limited to 2 bathrooms|
|Affordably priced||Poor build|
|Available at several retailer outlets||Extra equipment needed before installation|
- Certified by CSA for use in both the US and Canada
- Comes with a digital display with intuitive controls and self-diagnostics feature
- Users get a 10-year heat exchanger warranty, higher than competitors
- The unit has a gas shut off valve along with a T&P relief valve
- The parts have a 5-year warranty
- The manufacturer states the unit should not be used for locations higher than 3,000 ft
- Also, this unit should not be used for floor heating, recirculating, or hydronic systems
|Power Source||Natural Gas|
|Activation Flow||0.8 GPM|
|70-degree rise||3.4 GPM|
|50-degree rise||5.0 GPM|
|45-degree rise||6.8 GPM|
|Range of Hot Water Capacity||0.8 to 6.8 GPM|
|Min/Max Gas Rate||19,800 to 150,000 BTU|
|Water Inlet and Outlet||¾”|