Navien NPE-180A Interior Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Weighing 75lbs, the Navien NPE-180A is a wall-hung tankless heater with a capacity to deliver 8.4 GPM at 30 degrees Fahrenheit. The on-demand heater uses condensing technology which ensures a steady supply of hot water (without a drop in pressure or temperature) regardless of how many fixtures you have in a row.
Weighing 75lbs, the Navien NPE-180A is a wall-hung tankless heater with a capacity to deliver 8.4 GPM at 30 degrees Fahrenheit. The on-demand heater uses condensing technology which ensures a steady supply of hot water (without a drop in pressure or temperature) regardless of how many fixtures you have in a row. At TopTenWater.com, we’re on a quest to find the top tankless water heaters so that your decision-making process is made easier.
Unlike traditional water tanks, the Navien NPE-180A fully supports a cascading installation that allows homeowners to connect up to 16 units in parallel. So, it’s not just suitable for a large home, but facilities with many users. This allows people to use it for commercial applications also. Cascading ensures multiple fixtures have hot water whenever and wherever it’s needed at a home or in a commercial building. Every unit is fitted with dual stainless-steel heat exchangers that are resistant to corrosion compared to standard copper heat exchangers. The heaters are also effective in reducing build-up of mineral deposits.
Underlying this heater is ComfortFlow technology which powers all NPE-A models. It comprises of a built-in recirculation pump and a 0.4-gallon buffer tank for both internal and external recirculation. The pump enables the heater to supply hot water fast while at the same time reducing the effect of cold water sandwich. Don’t worry about a mismatch in the gas lines. The NPE-180A uses the existing 1/2″ Gas Line up to 24. What’s more? It’s also field convertible, meaning you can switch easily between natural gas and liquid propane. The dual venture operation also makes it more adaptable to applications with low gas pressure.
- The NPE-180 does a wonderful job of minimizing drop in water pressure thanks to its simple modular design.
- The heater also guarantees Low Nox Emissions and the magic behind it is a metal fiber burner which mixes gas and air consistently to ensure better combustion.
- Energy Star approved and LEED qualified, the NPE-180A guarantees significant energy savings and good indoors air.
- Simple and modular water path design that minimizes water pressure drops and makes servicing and maintenance easier for homeowners.
- Intelligent preheating technology enables the heater to supply hot water on demand by detecting the pattern of usage.
- Comes with primary and secondary stainless-steel heat exchanges that are rust-free and prolong the operational life of the unit.
- Digital control panel for regulating temperature and displaying error codes.
- Robust safety components such as ignition operation detector, water limit switch, power surge fuse, and freeze protection that safeguards the unit.
|Easy set up||Not instant|
|Constant water temperature||Slow-heating|
|Ready-link cascading system||Costs more than standard water heaters|
|Multiple venting options||Limited warranty|
- Indoor installation or outdoor wall-hang
- 95% thermal efficiency
- Liquid propane and natural gas powered
- Digitized interface
- 155,000 maximum BTU
- 17.3″ W x 27.4″ H x 13.2″ D
|Water Connection Location||Bottom|
|Heat Exchanger||Stainless steel|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||Yes|
|Vent Type||Direct Vent|