Navien NPE-240-A Interior Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
The Navien NPE-240A is a dependable tankless heater that’s highly regarded because of its efficient condensing technology. The unit comes with a 1/2 gas line and two stainless steel heat exchangers, PVC venting, and a front panel interface that lets you control the flow and temperature of hot water.
The Navien NPE-240A is a dependable tankless heater that’s highly regarded because of its efficient condensing technology. The unit comes with a 1/2 gas line and two stainless steel heat exchangers, PVC venting, and a front panel interface that lets you control the flow and temperature of hot water. Weighing 77 pounds, this heater has the capacity to supply hot water to a residential home with multiple fixtures.
The magic behind the NPE-240-A’s incredible performance is the condensing technology that provides hot water on demand. The unit can intelligently provide hot water at consistent temperatures by detecting regular patterns of water usage. With an endless supply, you’ll never worry about shortage of hot water regardless of the number of water draws your unit has in a row. The NPE-240-A has a maximum input 199,000 BTUs and a minimum of 19,900. When heating, gas pressure should be maintained at 3.5” w.c. – 10.5” w.c. Thanks to the dual venture operation, this unit can adapt to low gas pressure usage.
Just like other heaters in the NPE-A Series, this unit was designed to be efficient in heating water. The unit captures and retains heat that’s lost by traditional water heaters. The lower vent temperatures enable homeowners to use PVC venting. The outcome is a lower cost of heating and clean carbon footprint. The NPE-240A model comes with a ¾” water, gas, and recirculation connection. It is also equipped with a 120V appliance cord that operates between 200 and 300 watts. For safety, a flame rod sensor, power surge fuse, ignition detector, water temperature switch, and exhaust temperature limit sensor are included.
- Concerned about the pollution? Don’t worry. The NPE-240A is a product you can trust to heat water without compromising the quality of your indoor environment.
- The Eco Pre mixed burners lower both CO and Nox emissions by combining air and gas heating before ignition. The outcome is up to 75% reduction in harmful gas emissions.
- Uses ComfortFlow Technology as its recirculation system which combines an insulated buffer tank and a recirculation pump that ensures availability of hot water instantly.
- The Navien NPE-240-A comes with dual stainless-steel heat exchangers, making it resistant to corrosion and erosion, thus, prolonging the life of the heater.
- The unit is fitted with a metal fiber burner which ensures a consistent mixture of gas and air for combustion.
- 2” & 3” in PVC, CPVC, or Polypropylene are supported venting sizes for both intake and exhaust.
- Maintenance and service is easy thanks to the modular design for water distribution.
- The heater is certified by Energy Star, the AHRCSA, and the National Sanitation Foundation.
- Homeowners can easily convert from natural gas to LP
|High capacity||Take a few seconds to heat|
|Not susceptible to rust||Factory warranty void for online buyers|
|Intelligent pre-heating functionality||Limited availability at major retailers|
|Built-in recirculation pump||Priced higher than competitors|
- Indoor installation only
- 95% thermal efficiency
- Natural gas/Propane powered
- Ultra-condensing efficiency
- Intelligent preheating technology
- Dual stainless-steel heat exchanges
- Electronic ignition
- 199,000 maximum BTU
- 17.3″ W x 27.4″ H x 13.2″ D
|Water Connection Location||Bottom|
|Heat Exchanger||Stainless steel|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||Yes|
|Vent Type||Direct Vent (forced draft)|